Saturday, April 18, 2009

Therapy

No approval required
No validation sought
No truck with sentiments
Sold or bought

No 'you love me more'
Or, 'I couldn't care less'
No 'I did this for you'
Or, 'Is it over yet?'

No singing for your supper
No heartbreaks before lunch
No dinner-time passion
No morning-after hunch

This is the space
So white, so right
This is a smile
That hides no fears

This is the place
They call unconditional
This is joy in itself
And simplicity in tears

For all of us neurotic, chaotic, psychotic, frenzied
Half formed, half validated, incomplete, expressionless, valueless, schizophrenic
Underconfident, incontinent, half hurt, half mad, half crazed,
delusional, illusional, self obsessed, self glorifying, self worth hunting,
seeking, peeking, meek and beseeching, wondering, fearing,
hyper-sensitive, hyper-ventilating,
book-keeping, score tallying, sentiment spinning, value seeking hordes

I recommend the simple therapy
Of the love that is parenting.

2 comments:

kaaju katli said...

Or one could get oneself a puppy :-). Jokes apart, want to experience this. Wonder if I can just do it on my own.

Riya said...

You should Indi - I know its a dumb thing to say keeping Indian societal norms in mind - but if you could somehow pull it off, trust me, its worth it. Its backbreaking, exhausting, deranging, and yet its all brilliantly worth it!